Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Battle Ships


My son was given a couple of toy battle ships for his birthday. They are wonderful. The first was the Mighty Mac 31 inch aircraft carrier. It's neat. It has several planes, a storage area so nothing get's lost, lights, a variety of sounds and a launching mechanism.  He loves it.

The 2nd ship is a 30 inch battle ship. It has turrets that spin and everything is easily taken off and put back on again, which is good because these ships get blown up/sunk a lot and everyone knows that if you blow up a battle ship all the turrets are blown off it as well.  This ship came with 3 planes, a helicopter, tank and jeep. The extras are all diecast and quite nice. Again, there is a nice little slide out area to store all the extras.


Both toys say they are for ages 3 and up, but my 6 yr old loves them.

My only complaint as a parent is that they are 30 ish inches long. Which is great for my son and actually a good fun size to play with. But for me as the mom, where the heck can I store them out of the way when he isn't playing with them?  I haven't sorted that out yet. Still, my son likes them so that has to count for something.