Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Raisels - where have you been all my life?

I was at Walmart today. Don't give me grief - I refuse to feel guilty about it. I can buy locally grown chicken there for half of what I can buy brand name chickens at a supermarket. Anyway, I was in the dried fruit section when I saw a package of Raisels sour orange.  I was drawn to it. I wanted it. Still, it could be horrid. Should I try it?  Then I realized they also had sour watermelon.  I must try these!!!!

So I asked an old man walking past his preference - orange, obviously.  Got it, brought it home, fell in love.


Here's what this stuff is like. It's a raisin dusted with natural orange flavor and sugar.  It's tastes like you are eating a sour orange candy gummy, except, your actually eating an raisin. It's simply delish! Ingredients are actually quite good. Not as good as a plain old raisin, but way better then sour candy. Raisels Sour Orange contain  Golden raisins, sugar, natural flavor, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and sulfur dioxide (standard for all dried fruit).  Not bad.

So, if you are  fan of sour candy, but would actually like to be eating something somewhat healthy - check these out.  I am so totally getting the sour watermelon next time I am at the store.

1 comment:

  1. Update - tried the sour watermelon - yummy, but not as delish as the orange. Something about the fact the raisin is yellow creates a slight disconnect between flavor and look. However, still super tasty.

    ReplyDelete