Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Ra-One was not so good

I was really looking forward to this movie, as I like Shahrukh and I like sci fi. But this just didn't connect with me. I thought some of the special effects were wonderful. the scene in the junk yard was amazing. but over all, the story just lacked the depth that I have come to expect from a good Bollywood movie.

It was cute, it was fun, but the answer was just too pat and so it wasn't very emotionally movie. I suppose it's a sign of refinement that I've finally seen a Bollywood movie that didn't knock me off my feet. But this one didn't. It was just ok. Maybe it was the lack of really good dance numbers. The main sequence was at a party and it was out of character for our lead - totally out of character. The main character isn't even Ra-One - that is the name of the bad guy. So, yeah it just didn't connect. It didn't help that Shahrukh is not the best of dramatic actors.

Now, had the opening sequence been the actual movie - that would have been cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment